In love with the warm look and feel of wood?
Are you intrigued with the boldness of iron and metal? Me too!
That is why I am always looking for great ideas for that are a really cool look for my home. My goal with this site is to bring you unique projects for wood and iron. And if this can be done cheaper and easier all the better. So, if you are looking for that make it your own look, a do it yourself project or if you don’t do but want to, you have come to the right place!
Welcome, I am Kristi and I love wood and iron. I started this site because I appreciate the craftsmanship of wood and iron working and I want to know more. I live in the Sandhills of Nebraska and trees have not always been here. Really the only thing to build homes from was sod and grass during the settler’s days. Nebraska is where Arbor Day was founded to encourage planting trees. I also live next door to the Nebraska National Forest. Check out this link. Click Here
This is a man-made and hand planted forest with a historic tree nursery. I enjoy the pretty trees and all they have to offer. I love the fact that you can take wood that is not only beautiful but a durable and versatile part of nature and pair it with man-made steel or iron to make that killer combination of a look.
Stuff I want to try and explore on this site!
- Everything out of pallets
- Cabins (I am following a first-time cabin builder)
- Types of wood (maple is my favorite but love ash too)
- Finishes, i.e. stain, paint, oil, polyurethane, epoxy, and anything else I find.
- What to do with the scrap
- Iron and metal to pull it all together
- Forges (would love to have my own someday)
- Benches, tables, and floors
I am new to blogging and learning about woodworking. I Invite you on my journey to try new things in order to find that one special thing. See what works, what doesn’t and everything in between. So, bear with me as I stumble through and try this. And please comment and let me know what you want to see and Share if you find something you like.
A few things about me.
- Married 28 years to a good old boy
- Two great grownup kids, a son, a daughter and a son-in-law that fits right in
- I love to dig in the dirt (not to plant anything but to find rusty tools and what not)
- My kids pick at me like it was a sport!
- What people don’t know about me is that I am oddly organized
- What they do know about me is I can never find my glasses or shoes
- I work as a kind of mechanic
- Have two wild dogs, a blue healer and a border collie, and a mother cat that keeps us in kittens
Also, you can check out my sister site The Rusty Gold that is more home décor and yard stuff also out of wood and iron.
Hope you enjoy!